Flood cars

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Flood cars

Post by sansouci »

I'm watching the disaster of hurricane Ian in south Florida. I've gone to see a number of car collections in prior years and was planning to see a few more this winter (AACA Winter Nationals in Miami) plus the frequent Cars N Coffee events. But seeing floating and flooded cars (and even fire engines in Naples). Once recovery begins in a few days it will be sad to hear of the losses to our hobby. Let us know what you see.
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Flood cars

Post by Pod »

sansouci wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:03 am I'm watching the disaster of hurricane Ian in south Florida. I've gone to see a number of car collections in prior years and was planning to see a few more this winter (AACA Winter Nationals in Miami) plus the frequent Cars N Coffee events. But seeing floating and flooded cars (and even fire engines in Naples). Once recovery begins in a few days it will be sad to hear of the losses to our hobby. Let us know what you see.
Very sad. I hope everybody was sufficiently insured.
RossDinan6

Re: Flood cars

Post by RossDinan6 »

As I posted elsewhere I had a near miss with Ian. The carpet got wet, though I can deal with that. My shop got 2 feet and nearby there is a collection of American classics and hot rods. They seemed to be doing alright with the cars out and drying. I saw them when checking on a friend's business. There will be corrosion in our futures. Finding mangrove seeds in the yard prompted me to get a jug of Salt Eliminator. All my vehicles have gotten a dousing of the stuff in hopes of delaying the effects of the salty water they sat in. I wish I had a lift.

It is good to be alive with a roof over my head.
Ross
'84 633 Dinan turbo