thrust rod bushings

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

carlmfrancolini

thrust rod bushings

Post by carlmfrancolini »

I have a 1983 633csi. I need to replace the thrust rod bushings. I am having trouble finding the bushings. I would also be willing to buy the whole thrust rods (with bushings installed) if I could find a quality brand like Lemforder. Any pointers? I will actually be in Austria in a couple of weeks (along the Danube river). Might they be more available there than in the US?
Sbeaud

Re: thrust rod bushings

Post by Sbeaud »

I was looking about a year ago for assemblies and they were impossible to find. Some cheap ones were around, but I didn't want to scrimp. My ball joints looked good, so I bought Lemforder bushings. I was hoping post-covid that availability would improve...

Scott
1988 M6
carlmfrancolini

where were you able to find the lemsforder bushings?
Sbeaud

Post by Sbeaud »

Pretty sure this is what I did. Looks like they're on sale right now as well!

Scott
BMW M6 Front Suspension Parts Purchases.jpg
BMW M6 Front Suspension Parts Purchases.jpg (208.67 KiB) Viewed 685 times
1988 M6
carlmfrancolini

Sorry to be a little dense about this, but I need clarification.

It looks like you used RealOEM.com to look up the parts for your car.

Somehow, your look up seems to include vendors that sell the part. How do you get that? Mine simply has part numbers and costs. You say it looks like they are on sale. How do you know/see that?

Thanks for your help. i really appreciate this information.

carl
Sbeaud

Post by Sbeaud »

A couple of things.

The snippet is a portion of a spreadsheet I created. I find it easier to make a concise list of all the parts I want/need. I also like a record of what I purchased. The larger spreadsheet includes prices from other suppliers - the "regulars": Maximillian, ECS, FCP Euro, Pelican, RM European, AutohauzAZ. What's shown in the snippet is my decision/purchase.

I use Maximillian Importing Company for the part search rather than realoem. I'm blasted with fewer advertisements and they list (generally) the best price I have found for OEM parts. They use the same images and numbering as realoem.

On sale? I bought them from ECS when I rebuilt my suspension so before I posted I checked to see if the prices had gone up. They did go up, but right now they're on sale for about what I paid. Get 'em while you can!

Scott
1988 M6