Side window trim color.

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Alpinab7

Side window trim color.

Post by Alpinab7 »

I am a little confused. When I got my 1985 euro car the side window trim was in the trunk. It is in poor to fair condition. Last weekend, I went and got trim from a wrecked E24 that was in nice shape. When I got the new trim home it appears that the trim where it is not black or aluminum, is a medium grey color even though it’s from a blue car. This is the rigid part along the A and C pillars. When I looked at my original trim it is black in that area but it is flaking off and appears as if it was painted black. The back side of my original trim also appears to be this medium grey color. Is all the trim for e24s the same color? When I put is on my car it looks like it is wrong but maybe I’m just more aware of it now.
Alpinab7

Re: Side window trim color.

Post by Alpinab7 »

This is the part in question. Does the color look wrong or am I crazy? I looked at a bunch of pictures online of other cars and they look the same no matter the color of the car.
Attachments
Trim.jpeg
Trim.jpeg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 150 times
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

It's my understanding that the color on all of that trim, regardless of model year, is Nogaro Silver :-k

Let's see who chimes in [-o<
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

If you are talking about the Hockey" sticks along the side of the windshield, I have to differ with you. All the ones I have seen are black. In fact I had a brand new set years ago that I sold to Billy Browne, who was a total purist, still in the factory wrapper and they were black,
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Alpinab7

Post by Alpinab7 »

I have looked at a bunch of pictures online and they all seem to be the grey color. Just now I went on BAT and looked at more close up pictures of dozens of e24s and they are all grey (nogaro silver). So I guess thats the case.