Flat Tire Without a Cause

Post in this forum for topics relating to tires and wheels

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

motroman

Flat Tire Without a Cause

Post by motroman »

Sunday morning found the left rear tire completely flat. No air. When I last drove the car three weeks ago it was fine. Filled it with air this morning and drove it to my local repair shop for removal and inspection. Careful scan of the tread and sidewall found no damage.Immersed it in the tire tub and saw no leaks from anywhere including the new valve stem. I’m baffled. My wife says it’s karma for flipping off a Porsche driver who cut me off on the freeway.
1989 635csi
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Flat Tire Without a Cause

Post by hornhospital »

Mischievous neighbors?
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
plip1953

Re: Flat Tire Without a Cause

Post by plip1953 »

motroman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:14 pm Sunday morning found the left rear tire completely flat. No air. When I last drove the car three weeks ago it was fine. Filled it with air this morning and drove it to my local repair shop for removal and inspection. Careful scan of the tread and sidewall found no damage.Immersed it in the tire tub and saw no leaks from anywhere including the new valve stem. I’m baffled. My wife says it’s karma for flipping off a Porsche driver who cut me off on the freeway.
Not specifically on my 635, but I've encountered a number of pressure losses from bad/deteriorating rim seals, especially due to corrosion.
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi