2-Post Lift

Basic needs related to restoring a 6er including
Electronics, Bodywork, Welding, Painting, Engine Swap, etc
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2-Post Lift

Post by Pod »

At long last I have got hold of a two post lift which was being sold by a garage which was shutting down. It has 'Tecalemit' logos all over it, but I discovered that it was actually made by Laycock Garage Equipment (of overdrive fame).

When I arrived to collect it, the owners had already started dismantling it, so I had no idea how it all went back together. (Crates full of nuts, bolts, pulleys and cables).

Fortunately, Tecalemit supplied me with detailed fitting instructions, so I now 'only' have to install it. I reckon each tower must weigh at least 300 kg (it's old-fashioned engineering!), so it will be a challenge :lol:.

More details (plus pics) to follow when I have completed the task!
RossDinan6

Re: 2-Post Lift

Post by RossDinan6 »

I'd help you assemble it for occasional use, but I'm on the wrong side of the pond. :D

Good luck, it is nuts and bolts after all, right?
Ross
'84 633 Dinan turbo
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Yep. Nothing different to anything else in the workshop, apart from the fact it can go wrong and really ruin your day if it fails………..
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

I bought a used two post lift in the same condition, boxes of fasteners and parts with poor instructions.

My neighbor and I figured it out after laying it out on the ground.

The hardest part for us, was drilling through the concrete to install the lag bolts and making sure both posts lined up perfectly facing each other.

The posts were certainly very heavy but we carefully walked them into place and cleared everything around them just in case.

Best of luck.
Yasin
Yasin

"ole skool, I wouldn't have it any other way"
Sbeaud

Post by Sbeaud »

A lift - quite the luxury! Congratulations.

Scott
1988 M6
sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob »

My local garage have been MOTing and servicing my 3 BMW's for many years, while recently MOTing my 635 CSi the owner remarked how good the underside was for a 35 year old car, when I mentioned to him that I could do with getting under the car to do a bit of undersealing, touch up etc. He volunteered that on a Saturday when they are closed I could use his MOT test rig/lift to work on the car....result !!