Hood Grills

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

VPRRAM

Hood Grills

Post by VPRRAM »

Hood Grills E24
Well, here we go. First of all if this post is not allowed here, please move to appropriate place.
These are the under hood grills, the ones toward the windshield, on the underside of the hood. I tried to buy the grills, but only the left is available. Rights are out of production.
These are, NOT FOR CARS THAT ARE 1000 POINT SHOW CARS. These are good, but wouldn't be for a judged car. 3D printing has its limitations. But, no one would even notice, unless you pointed out the difference.
You can buy just the right one from me, but I printed them “thicker” to be stronger and less prone to breakage or warpage, so they won’t be exactly the same, if you just buy one side. The OEM ones are 1.75MM thick, these are 2.3MM. But again, you would have to really look, to see the difference on the car, they are far enough apart. Also the OEM’s are injection molded…
I have spent about 2 yrs getting these made. They are 3D printed, from ABS plastic. Which is UV resistant. So they should last…

Let me know if there is any interest. I don't have any stock yet, I am just gauging the interest.

$100 each side. Postage paid buy buyer. I'm in Utah, USA.

Email: [email protected]

Or respond in forum.
11.jpg
11.jpg (334.49 KiB) Viewed 965 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (360.83 KiB) Viewed 965 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (348.76 KiB) Viewed 965 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (369.68 KiB) Viewed 965 times
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hood Grills

Post by GRNSHRK »

Holy shit, you 3D printed these :shock:

Duly impressed =D>

Since it appears that you are gauging interest in selling these, I'm gonna move your post to the "For Sale" forum and leave a trailer here :-"

Nice job, seriously \:D/

Mine are in great shape, but also not installed, for obvious reasons :roll:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
VPRRAM

Post by VPRRAM »

Thanks its been an adventure...3D printing guys are flakes...please 3D printing guys don't take offense... one guy had the original part 6 months...did nothing...next guy had it 4 months...nothing...weird bunch. Even scanning the part was problematic....couldn't get a good scan...
Finally had to go "half-cs" with a friend on the printer, because of the size needed to print the part.

We will see how this goes.

Mike
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

That looks great!

I appreciate you offering this to the community.

From BMW one side is still available brand new (not sure if it is the L or R) and the other side is now NLA.

Yasin
Yasin

"ole skool, I wouldn't have it any other way"
Cogeniac

Post by Cogeniac »

The left side OEM ones are $130 from Maximillian.

This looks interesting though. The original was not very well designed. The connection points for the grid were very small and frail. I managed to resurrect mine using super glue, but not sure how well that will last. If it doesn't I'll go for these.
Scott Andrews
Petaluma, CA
1980 Euro 635, "Rocinante", the Truth.
1972 3.0 CS