Pressure Hose Ideas

Post in this forum for topics relating to suspension, steering, and brakes

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

RJD999

Pressure Hose Ideas

Post by RJD999 »

Hi,

My 85 635CSI 5 speed, just had new brake booster and accumulator done and the shop that did said I need the pressure hose but everyone I can think of says they are backordered and only made by BMW. They tried fabbing with new rubber and same ends but the soldering does not hold up to the pressure. Right now my car goes straight but that's about it. Any ideas on alternate hoses from another model that could work or place that has new or good used? Can't believe a $90 part can sideline my car.

BMW part #34-32-1-155-865 Image

Thanks,
Rob
brickwhite

Re: Pressure Hose Ideas

Post by brickwhite »

I'd try a used one, I bet Elias Gergy has one.

Are you on the facebook e24 groups? Elias parts e24s in Cali.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1492349597717426,

post in the wanted section here or try mye28.com and post in the wanted their parts section.
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

$76 at Auto Haus AZ
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

If you can't find an OEM hose supplier, I am surprised to hear that a hose supply house can't fabricate what you need from proper hose, and crimp connectors.

I remember using these guys for a custom hose when I was in L.A.

https://hoseman.com/

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Jose, it is the restrictor which goes approximately in the middle of the hose. The shop I went to said it needed a special die for crimping. So I just antied up and went new. I replaced all the hydraulic lines during my restoration whether they needed it or not. It wasn't expensive.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
Chzman

Post by Chzman »

I had The Hose-man in Ontario, CA rebuild 2 of my PS hoses for me, including the one to the steering box that has the restrictor in it. They did a great job. Doug Olson is the guy I talked to and sent them to his attention.

Not the cheapest but still working fine a couple of months later, NO leaks!! About $300 for both shipped to me. Well worth the wait and effort.

Jay Stratton rebuilt my PS pump as well, and did a great job. Steering is like a new car.
Thanks,

Chuck Jenkins
[email protected]
1968 BMW 2002
1977 BMW 320i
1989 BMW 635CSI - Last 7 = 3268048
Got all 3 decades covered...
josh

Post by josh »

I just replaced the pressure accumulator (brake bomb) in my '88 and noticed cracks in this same hose PN/34321155865 but no leaks. Yet.
I cannot find a replacement anywhere. I've put in a couple of orders that were cancelled a few days later when they decided that they actually didn't have them in stock. Where can I get one of these things? This is the first time I've not been able to find a part for this car AT ALL.
1988 635Csi Auto
Bronzit Beige Metalic
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Bring the old hoses and go to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses and they can duplicate it for you using your original fittings. . I did almost all of my engine bay hoses this way and it was about 1/3rd of BMW prices
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

I did this as well a few years ago when I blew an A/C hose after having the system charged, dumping the freon right onto my headers #-o

The cloud of smoke was not pretty :-({|=

But I priced the 3 flexible hoses from BMW and would have cost me half a grand [-X

So I took them to a hydraulic hose shop, and they made up the 3, WITH new fittings, for $140, while I waited =D>
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black