ABS light now goes out

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Niner

ABS light now goes out

Post by Niner »

So I’m feeling very content and quite proud of myself, why?
I’ve put up with the service light being on and not going out when connecting no7 to earth and my ABS light not going out for a long time .
I finally got round to taking the instrument pod out and changing out the rechargeable batteries.I was quite wary about doing this as electronics aren’t really my thing
I bought a couple of battery holders from flea bay and soldered the wires to the connections on the circuit board as I didn’t really want to solder batteries, bit dodgy if you ask me.
Anyhoo I cleaned everything with electric cleaner and did a bit of continuity testing along the way.
Put the dash back together and bingo, everything works
The previous owner had paid quite a lot of money to have the ABS system checked out and their final answer to the light not going out was.... the system is too complicated, see ya !
Just thought I’d share this triumph with you good folks
Thanks for a brilliant forum
Gone but not forgotten
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: ABS light now goes out

Post by 86_6series »

Very good news, feels great when a problem is solved by you-- right.
Thanks for posting the solution.

Bob V
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
e24mpwr

Post by e24mpwr »

Niner wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:10 pm So I’m feeling very content and quite proud of myself, why?
I’ve put up with the service light being on and not going out when connecting no7 to earth and my ABS light not going out for a long time .
I finally got round to taking the instrument pod out and changing out the rechargeable batteries.I was quite wary about doing this as electronics aren’t really my thing
I bought a couple of battery holders from flea bay and soldered the wires to the connections on the circuit board as I didn’t really want to solder batteries, bit dodgy if you ask me.
Anyhoo I cleaned everything with electric cleaner and did a bit of continuity testing along the way.
Put the dash back together and bingo, everything works
The previous owner had paid quite a lot of money to have the ABS system checked out and their final answer to the light not going out was.... the system is too complicated, see ya !
Just thought I’d share this triumph with you good folks
Thanks for a brilliant forum
Mine has been on for a while too - just got a pair of E24-length sensor replacements from Ivo (https://www.e28.nl/en/product/abs-senso ... ded-cable/). If that doesn't work, I guess this should be the next thing I try.

Did you have any other symptoms?
Niner

Post by Niner »

Hi , no other symptoms
An update is the light goes out on start up but a yellow light now comes on when I go over 20 mph????
Oh well back to the drawing board
Gone but not forgotten