WTB - Blower Switch, Fan Speed

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Sbeaud

WTB - Blower Switch, Fan Speed

Post by Sbeaud »

Looking for

P/N 61311381317

Number 4 in the image.

Blower speed switch for 1988 US M6. A little spendy for a new one, so wondering if a used one is available.

Both my heat and A/C blowers essentially are running at nearly full speed throughout the rotational travel, and of course full speed when in max position. Some info posted in the "What did you do to your E24 today?" in The Saloon.
1988 BMW M6 Heater Control image.jpg
1988 BMW M6 Heater Control image.jpg (67.05 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Thanks

Scott
1988 M6
sideshowbob

Re: WTB - Blower Switch, Fan Speed

Post by sideshowbob »

If your heater fan (not A/C fan) is only working at full speed but when you switch on the A/C and the fan works at variable speeds then I think you will find the transistor on a little circuit board is U/S and will need replacing.

The circuit board is situated I suspect on a left hand drive car in the ducting on the passengers side behind the blower motor.

There are several postings on this site on how to deal with replacing this transistor.

If there are other problems relating to the A/C fan , this is mounted somewhere under the dash panel and for me would be a nightmare getting to it.

How do I know.....just replaced the transistor on my blower switch , motor and it now works perfectly.
Sbeaud

Post by Sbeaud »

Thanks for the feedback.

Based on the information provided by Chris Wright in this thread I'm pretty sure the issue is with the Blower Speed Control (numbered 4 in the thread). My fan was blowing almost full speed throughout the rotational position, then blowing full speed when the micro switch was engaged. The issue was teh same whether it was in heat mode or A/C mode. I checked the resistance of the variable resistance and it indeed did not perform properly. So I'm on the hunt for a new Blower Speed Control.

http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14791

Some comments and images also in my post: http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... &start=950

Thanks!

Scott
1988 M6
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

Check with Elias Gergy on Facebook. He can probably help you.
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3