FS Feeler: shift boots

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

kronus

FS Feeler: shift boots

Post by kronus »

Hi folks, I've recently gotten into a bit of a machine sewing hobby. So far, I've been making shift boots and ebrake boots for my hooptie fleet (fun, straightforward, and rewarding), as well as experimenting with steering wheel recovers (time consuming and mixed results so far).

I'd like to post up a feeler for making a batch of E24/E28 shift boots. I have a whole bunch of black full-grain automotive leather right now, so they would be black, and in the following design with a single french seam:

The boots would come without a plastic frame - you will need to glue them onto your old one. This can possibly change to being pre-glued onto 3D printed frames, but the price point will be higher.

So, questions:

- interested?
- at what price point?

I am seeing "genuine leather" and vinyl boots at the ~35 shipped price point, real leather units anywhere from 60 to 100. I can offer these at $50 shipped for the initial batch without frames.
mereandowesda

Re: FS Feeler: shift boots

Post by mereandowesda »

I'd be in for one @ $50.
Jubilados Online

Post by Jubilados »

I’d also be in for one at 50.
shark85

Post by shark85 »

In for one!
L.Tigre

Post by L.Tigre »

I’m in for 50 if it can be black leather w white stitching. Possible?
kronus

Post by kronus »

Yup, I can do white on black.

Thank you for the interest, folks! I think this is enough to do a small run. I'll post back with results.
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

Most of the plastic frames with the securing clips are damaged after 35+ years of use, it will be difficult to re-use it on a new leather boot. the frames were quite flimsy to begin with. There is a UK seller that sells these boots WITH new frames for anywhere from $50-$100.