FS - 87 US M6 in WA State

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

caronsd

FS - 87 US M6 in WA State

Post by caronsd »

Time has come to let her go to the next caretaker....

1987 M6
WBAEE1402H2560669
129,6xx miles
Royal Blue Metallic exterior; Original paint
Natur Leather interior; retains original leather dash and door caps

Owned since April 2000 (fourth owner)
Car purchased new in Chico, CA (have original window sticker)
Previous ownership was in Northern CA, Idaho, Portland, OR, and now resides in SW Washington
Always garaged during my ownership
Car participated in all but 3 (?) Pacific Sharkfests (missed #2, and 2021, drove my Boxster (yikes) for another...)

Upgrades/mods:
Turner Motorsport engine control chip
Brake upgrade using E34 M5 front/rear calipers & rotors and E32 750I master cylinder
Dinan Stage 1 suspension (Bilstein struts/shocks and lowering springs); self-leveling was removed
Fikse FM-10 wheels; 8.5x17 all around; 245/40/17 tires all around
Alpine stereo head unit; trunk-mounted amp/equalizer/subwoofer
R134 AC compressor conversion

Have a file with service/parts receipts dating back to the time of the original owner (not necessarily organized...)

I have performed most of the basic maintenance over the years. Last "intensive" maintenance which included valve adjustment, etc. by a BMW shop was performed about 9K miles ago (but a number of years back). Since that last shop service, I have performed annual oil changes, replaced front wheel bearings, replaced water pump & thermostat and hoses, clutch master and slave cylinders, the brake upgrade described above, dogbones, battery (last week).

Included with car will be an indoor car cover (used - some repair stitching, but overall not bad), BMW Battery Maintainer, Service manuals (Bentley E28, and old Chilton, and the BMW M6/L6 Electrical Troubleshooting Manual), old BMW CD-ROMS (require an OLD PC operating system to work) for E24 repair and the Parts Catalog (before the days of realoem....), a "BMW" rubber filler piece for the US front bumper license plate cut-out, the original calipers and rotors I removed for the brake upgrade, a few misc. spare parts, and the original gold-centered wheels (with old, worn TRX tires mounted).

Price is $42,000. Located in Camas, Washington (across river from Portland, OR).
Will send more pics upon request.
DSC_5531.jpg
DSC_5531.jpg (4.97 MiB) Viewed 1984 times
Last edited by caronsd on Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FS - 87 US M6 in WA State

Post by GRNSHRK »

Ah, Steve, say it ain't so :(

For those who may be interested in this fine example, many of us on the left hand coast know this vehicle and it's owner very well =D>

We've known Steve for 20+ years and it's true that he attended almost all Pacific Sharkfest events \:D/

Heck, even I missed a few :roll:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
caronsd

Post by caronsd »

Hey Bob -

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, bittersweet times. I’m hoping the car goes to someone who will enjoy it as much as I did through the years!
We Miss you (Sharkfest) guys and gals!

Cheers!

Steve
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

Really beautiful M6.

Why not list it on BaT? I bet it would do great on there.
Yasin

"ole skool, I wouldn't have it any other way"
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Steve, found this pic from when we first met, at the Madonna Inn (now closed...) in June of 2001, thought I'd share \:D/

That's your M6 on the left, hard to believe that was 22 years ago :shock:

Any bites [-o<

I was also thinking that putting her up for auction on BaT might be a good way to go :-"
Attachments
Madonna Inn meet - 2001.JPG
Madonna Inn meet - 2001.JPG (340.73 KiB) Viewed 1845 times
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
caronsd

Post by caronsd »

Thanks, Bob!! That certainly goes back a long way! I seem to recall that was our second drive - the first started in Saratoga and went out Highway 9 and up Skyline.
I distinctly remember following you through downtown Watsonville after leaving the Mt Madonna summit. Your Billy Boat exhaust was resonating off all the buildings and sounded wicked(in a good way)!
caronsd

Post by caronsd »

A few nibbles on the car. I’ll give it a little more time before considering BaT.
caronsd

Post by caronsd »

It’s been over six months since I posted my ad above. Have had some interest, but the car remains available. Since February I put new PS4s tires on the car and replaced the blower transistor. Drove it to a few local events over the summer, so mileage is about 129,9xx now.
Happy to respond to inquiries!
Steve M6

Post by Steve M6 »

Hi Steve,

I know it's a tough decision to part with you M6. I know this car was given great care by you, and whoever does get it will have a gem.

I agree that BaT would be a good venue to reach a large number of fellow enthusiasts, especially if you can put together the volume of photos that are expected with a listing. You could set a reserve at your asking price, and see what happens....

We will miss you at the Pacific Sharkfest.
'86 635CSi 5-sp
'88 M6 Canadian
'03 530i 5-sp - ordered new, now gone, victim of someone else's spin-out on I880
'02 530i 5-sp - now my daily driver - finally replaced my original 530i
'96 Ford F-150, 5-sp too
caronsd

Post by caronsd »

Hi Steve-
Thank you for your message. Yes, a difficult decision, but trying to keep harmony on the house following the arrival of another fun vehicle earlier this year.
I’ll miss all of you at Sharkfest this year as well - looks to be an epic venue! I’ll actually be hanging out in your neighborhood for the last weekend of September, attending the Porsche Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca. Hope everyone has fun at PSF- tell them that Amy and I say “Hi!”
Cheers!
Steve